Whether you’re taking kick boxing classes, hitting the bag at the gym, or have a bag at home. This Cardio Workout unlike some is a tremendous way of killing fat while also keeping your muscles in prime condition. Although there are some things to consider before taking on this Workout, for example
- Proper Form in body and hands (here’s an awesome article that explains just that; )
2. Suicide Sprints
Yes the name entails something horrible, but the results are not. Many studies have shown that the amount of fat loss to muscle loss in this Cardio Workout is paramount to any cutting edge athlete. One study; “Recruited eight active male subjects to perform 6 weeks of 3 x weekly sprint training consisting of 4-6 x 30 second all-out sprints.”
“Time trial performance for the subjects was tested pre-training, at 1, 3, 6 weeks of training, and finally at 1 and 6 weeks post training during a detraining phase.” “During the 6 weeks of the study the subjects time trial performance steadily improved. From an initial pre-training time of 18.8 minutes, time trial performance declined to 18.1 minutes at week 1, 17 minutes at week 3, and 16.1 minutes at week 6. Muscle biopsies revealed significant training-induced increases within the muscle fibers (MCT1 increased between 30-530% and MCT4 increased between 15-200%). ” Article Information Sourced Here;
3. Box Jumps
A Personal Favorite of mine, this workout is great to either start a strenuous full body workout, build your legs, burn calories and also most importantly burn fat. Burning fat is a large factor in this workout considering your heart rate that eventually goes up and turns this fun multi functional machine of a workout into a cardio burn. Burning calories while also building muscle.
A couple things that are suggested when doing this particular workout are.
- Personal Fitness Levels ( start small if you have to)
- Proper Form ( make sure to bend your legs and land on both feet simultaneously)
- Have Fun! (this workout unlike some is particularly fun it’s a great feeling realizing how high you can jump in one swoop of energy)
- Above all Be Careful (Although fun overestimating yourself can prove to be painful and possibly detrimental to your health so keep your common sense cap on)